Dean’s practice encompasses state and federal court trial litigation and appeals, administrative proceedings and arbitrations. His litigation practice spans a broad spectrum, representing individuals and corporations insured by many national, multi-line insurance companies. Dean has over 25 years of courtroom experience involving commercial disputes, professional negligence, and general liability claims.
Dean was born in Sioux City, Iowa. He served as a paratrooper in the United States Army with the 82nd Airborne Division headquartered at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. Dean received his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of South Dakota in Vermillion. He received his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Nebraska College of Law, where he served as a member of Nebraska Law Review and as executive editor of The Nebraska Transcript. Before joining Wolfe Snowden as a partner, Dean served as a judicial law clerk for the U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska, and was in private practice in Omaha and Lincoln.
- Lincoln Bar Association
- Omaha Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association (former member of the Civil Practice and Procedure Committee and Judicial Nominating Committee)
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Nebraska Defense Counsel Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
Dean is an active member of his church, formerly serving as vice president of the church council and on a number of committees. He serves as a volunteer with the American Heart Association and the United Way of Lincoln-Lancaster County.
- Appellate Advocacy
- General Civil Litigation/Trial Practice
- Insurance Law and Defense Litigation
- Medical and Professional Malpractice Defense
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Transportation Law
- Bachelor's Degree - University of South Dakota in Vermillion
- Juris Doctor - University of Nebraska Lincoln College of Law
- State of Nebraska
- State of Iowa
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska
- United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit