Justin’s practice primarily consists of bankruptcy and litigation and has represented and litigated the interests of his debtor and creditor clients in various forums.
Prior to Wolfe Snowden, Justin acquired unique insights during his time as Compliance Division Manager for the Nebraska Department of Revenue. While there, he managed staff responsible for collections, tax discovery, fraud investigation, and offers-in-compromise for taxpayers throughout the state. He also served as Legal Counsel for Revenue in various tax assessment and probate matters as well as Special Assistant Attorney General for bankruptcy matters. Justin has also represented the Nebraska Department of Labor as Legal Counsel in labor, employment, fraud, and bankruptcy matters. During that time, he also became skilled in legislative affairs and policy. He was a solo practitioner in Lincoln, Nebraska prior to working for the state.
During law school, Justin served as a Judicial Intern for The Honorable Chief Judge Phillip J. Shefferly, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. He was also a student practitioner in the United States Bankruptcy Court as well as a program developer and instructor in a Bankruptcy Basics Seminar during the Great Recession.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Justin currently serves as an Executive Board Member and chair-elect for CenterPointe, a local non-profit agency. He is also an Adjunct Professor at Bellevue University where he has taught Legal Ethics and Compliance to graduate students in the Masters of Healthcare Administration program since 2012.
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Debtors’ and Creditors’ Rights
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Administrative Law
- Probate and Estate
- Student Loans
- Bachelor's Degree, Psychology, Nebraska Wesleyan University
- Juris Doctor, Western Michigan University Cooley Law school
- In re Colsen and the Circuit Court Split Defining a Tax “Return," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, Vol. XXXVII, No. 1, "Affairs of State," pp. 34, 76-77, January, 2018
- State of Nebraska
- State of Iowa
- United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Nebraska
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska