Jesse is a litigation associate at Wolfe Snowden. He is an experienced trial lawyer with a diverse and wide-ranging legal background. Jesse began his legal career in government, prosecuting regulatory violations by business licensees. Later, he served as Assistant General Counsel for the Florida Department of State, representing the Department in contentious battleground election disputes in both state and federal court.
Jesse also has extensive experience in appellate law. In addition to the clients he has represented on appeal, Jesse served for two years as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Florida First District Court of Appeal. There, he handled criminal, civil, and administrative appeals, ranging from complex personal injury actions and disputes with government entities to first-degree murder cases.
Immediately before coming to Wolfe Snowden, Jesse served as an Assistant District Attorney (ADA) in Juneau, Alaska. As an ADA, Jesse developed his skills as a trial attorney and gained invaluable experience in the courtroom. For example, he first-chaired the prosecution of an attempted first-degree burglary and felony criminal mischief case, in which the defense claimed at trial that police intentionally destroyed evidence and that the defendant’s mental state was negated by a mental disease or defect.
Jesse followed in his father’s footsteps to become an attorney. He and his wife, Heather, attend Countryside Alliance Church. Away from the office, Jesse enjoys the outdoors, sports, and reading (especially about American history).
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D. (with distinction), Instructor, Property Law
- Florida State University, B.S. (with distinction), Political Science
Activities & Honors
- Instructor of Property Law, St. Thomas School of Law
- Treasurer, Federalist Society, St. Thomas School of Law
- Merit Scholarship, St. Thomas School of Law
- Book Award, Property Law I
- Book Award, Business Associations
- Book Award, Florida Constitutional Law
- Book Award, Debtor-Creditor Rights
- Florida State University Honors Program
- Florida Bright Futures Scholarship
- Voice of Democracy Essay Scholarship, Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Countryside Alliance Church
- Rotary Club 14
- State of Nebraska
- State of Florida
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida (Practiced in Alaska with temporary authorization)
- Appellate Law
- Medical and Professional Malpractice Defense
- Criminal Law
- Property Law
- General Civil Litigation/Trial Practice
- Business Entities and Corporations
- Business Law, Commercial Transactions
- Insurance Law and Defense Litigation